What to expect when the ambulance arrives
1. When the ambulance arrives please try to have a door open or a light on outside for the crew.
2. If there is snow on the ground, please insure a safe passage to your door or garage.
3. Chances are the crew will be bringing in a very large stretcher. Please help to make sure any extra furniture is moved out of the way (Providing extra family or neighbors are present).
4. The crew will begin to ask the patient or family members certain questions about the medical crisis you may be experiencing. These questions would include: Name, Address, SSN, Medical History, Medications, Allergies. The crew will also check your vital signs with a Blood Pressure Cuff, Stethescope and a Pulse Oximeter. Certain calls may warrant the use of a Heart Monitor.
5. The Crew will make every attempt to take you to the hospital of your choosing. However there may at times be certain extreme circumstances that may prevent us from taking you to the hospital of your choosing. Such as Weather or Hospital Code Status.
Hospital Code Status
Prior to taking you to the hospital, the crew will call Allegheny County 911 to check the code status of the hospital. Below is a listing of what each color represents.
Home | Search & Rescue | Care4 Program | Ambulance Plan | Meet The Staff
Employment/Volunteer | What to Expect | Billing Questions | CPR Certification | Public Appearance Requests
CrewSpace | HIPAA Privacy Notice | Contact Us | Links | Site Map
Created & Maintained by White Oak EMS & BNS Web Creations.
© 2007 - 2016 White Oak EMS. All Rights Reserved.